Business Development Manager (EMEA)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Based in – London, Berlin, Paris or Milan.
Extensive travel across Europe and globally.
Frequent travel to the head office may be required.
Full time position.
Ohlogy is a global sound and music agency that develops and delivers comprehensive music strategy, identity, licensing, curation and creative services for the world’s most innovative brand builders and creators.
We are a purpose driven business, working as a dedicated music department for marketing & brand teams with offices in London, Stockholm, Berlin and Oslo.
Our impact and award-winning work can be seen and heard across all channels, from retail, advertising campaigns and experiential events to digital content, social media, streaming, TV and films.
About the role:
We have exciting plans to grow the company this year and are currently scaling up our operations to meet these commercial and strategic objectives for growth.
We’re seeking to hire an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager (EMEA), to lead on all new business activities for Ohlogy, with a focus on European and Asia Pacific territories.
This role will involve a high degree of autonomy, with support and training from the executive team and senior advisory board, to create, cultivate and close high value opportunities, new accounts and long-term client partnerships, across key industries such as retail, fashion, beauty, luxury & premium goods and travel.
You’ll bring fresh ideas and a strong air of confidence, proactivity and creativity so develop highly tailored solutions, and present relevant Ohlogy services, capabilities and master services agreements, in response to any client challenge or marketing organisation structure.
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience in a fast-paced agency, advertising, sales or marketing environment.
- Fluent in English is a must, with one additional language of French, German, Italian or Spanish. Additionally, Cantonese or Mandarin would be a bonus.
- A holistic understanding of new business pitch processes and experience of creating compelling and creative credentials presentations and proposals.
- The candidate should feel comfortable speaking to senior level decision-makers and budget holders about marketing services, procurement and industry trends.
- Strong negotiation and client cultivation and development skills.
- An ability to independently manage time, projects and full responsibilities effectively.
- Excellent networking and researching skills.
- Experience of building and managing a new business pipeline, with full accountability and ownership on CRM systems, such as Salesforce or Hubspot.
- A confident team player and future global business development leader in the making!
- Know your way around all the usual MS Office and Mac software.
- A strong passion for music, entertainment, film and culture, across all genres.
- A working knowledge of the music industry, with regards to record labels, publishing, management and licensing, however extensive training will be provided.
- Experience of cross-functional teams and projects.
- Experience of speaking and presenting at conferences, seminars, workshops and industry events.
Ohlogy is like a big family, a cliché perhaps, but since its founding 10 years ago, there has been a strong focus on creating a supportive, like-minded and fair environment, with lots of opportunities for career development, learning and passion projects (be that side hustles or volunteering for non-profits).
We’re looking for our new Business Development Manager (EMEA) to start immediately, but we are happy to consider candidates with short notice periods.
The role will include traveling between our offices and for clients and will include a highly competitive and comprehensive employment package and benefits, with an annual performance-based bonus, which we are happy to discuss and present at the interview stage.
Please send your CV and cover letter (subject: Business Development Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with an application deadline date of 30th June 2021.
Strictly no agencies or recruiters please for this role.
Ohlogy is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation.